3 Delicious Oatmeal Recipes with Dry Fruit You Should Try
What food is more undeniably grandma and grandpa core than a humble bowl of mushy oatmeal? Oatmeal is a classic staple, a traditional food item of the past and present societal generations. As a matter of fact, the oldest family in the world attributes the longevity of their lives purely to a piping hot bowl of these nutritious grains every morning—and night. As crazy as that may seem, oats, in general, hold a great deal of value in human health and wellness as they contain more soluble fiber than any other grain. Despite a relatively humble origin—the ancient Greeks and Romans thought of these grains were fit only for barbarians—oats maintain their popularity today in numerous facets and forms.
Now, have you ever prepared a breakfast of oatmeal, and the bowl is just sitting there, looking sad and drab? How can you make the porridge taste mind-bogglingly spectacular? As a neutral base, oatmeal truly has so much power and potential with the right choice of inclusions. Out of all possible toppings, types of dried fruit top the popularity list for their delightful texture and nutritional flavor. Dried fruits and oatmeal are a perfect mashup of subtle sweetness and tangible tenderness.
Dried fruit surely is a favorable add-on to hot oatmeal or cold overnight oats—and even oat bran, baked rolled oats, oatmeal cookies, or fiber bars. If you’re a fan of this perfect combination of super grains and superfoods, let’s take a closer look at few assorted ways you can add dried fruit to your favorite oats. Here are 3 delicious oatmeal recipes with dry fruit you should try out this week, or at least at some time in the near future.
TROPICAL SUMMER OATMEAL
Hot oatmeal may seem strange during the sunny season, but you don’t want to miss out on this summertime oatmeal sensation. Out of the 3 delicious oatmeal recipes with dry fruit you should try, this hodgepodge of tropical-esque ingredients supplies a small piece of paradise right to your taste buds. Think of this recipe similar to a piña colada, solely in oatmeal form. This is truly the oatmeal you deserve to indulge in this summer. Plant-based, optionally gluten-free, and full of fruity goodness, you will surely enjoy the experience of consuming this light-but-layered bowl of creamy porridge.
- 1 cup oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 segmented orange
- 1 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup of Jaybee’s dried mango pieces
- Alternative toppings: shredded coconut, coconut sugar, or dried kiwi or pineapple
- Add your choice of oats, coconut milk, and 2 cups of water to a smaller pot. Bring everything to boil over high heat. Once boiled, stir the mixture, then reduce the temperature to low heat. Simmer for around 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft to the touch.
- As the oatmeal cooks on the stove, cut up your fruit selections. Slice the banana vertically. Cut the orange horizontally into circles and remove the rind. Chop the pieces of dried mango into smaller bites. Layer fruit on top of oats and sprinkle optional toppings.
- A filling, fruity breakfast or snack awaits!
TRAIL MIX OVERNIGHT OATS
Overnight oats have taken the internet by storm. Chances are you’ve heard about them, tried them, or at least been encouraged to try their popular form. You’ve probably seen these types of oats on Pinterest in their aesthetically pleasing mason jars. At this time, the hashtag #overnightoats has over 900K posts on Instagram. As a cold, sustainable breakfast you can throw together the night before—and one that’s mighty good for your gut—you really can’t go wrong with this nutritionally balanced morning meal.
The best part of overnight oats is similar to the advantage of standard oatmeal—you can add any flavors or toppings you desire. One delicious overnight oats recipe to try is trail mix themed, sweetened with maple syrup, and topped with dried fruit and nuts. Steeped with your choice of milk in the fridge overnight, this recipe is ideal for a yummy pre-prepared breakfast on the go. You can make it in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats or gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- A selection of Jaybee’s dried cranberries, cashews, almonds, or mixed nuts
- Pour oats into your preferred size of a mason jar.
- Pour in almond milk and stir.
- Pour in syrup, nut butter, and chia seeds. Stir again. Store in the fridge overnight.
- Open in the morning, and top with dried cranberries and a choice of your favored nuts. Viola!
NO-BAKE PISTACHIO-CRANBERRY COOKIES
If you’d rather take your oatmeal in cookie form, we hear you. Oatmeal cookies customarily come with raisins, but we have a recipe ready for a diverse flavor profile. This scrumptious crunch combination combines pistachios, white chocolate, and dried cranberries. With a nut butter taste and a chewy texture, you can make these cookies in under an hour—with no need to turn on the oven or run to the store to grab up perishable items.
- ¾ cup of nut butter of choice (almond, sunflower, peanut)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped Jaybee’s dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Jaybee’s pistachios
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oil of choice
- Heat nut butter and white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl that’s set over a pot of simmering water (or in microwave bursts). Stir intermittently until smoothly melted.
- Add oats, pistachios, cranberries, and salt. Softly stir.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the combined mixture onto a non-stick or parchment-lined tray in the shape of a ball. Press on the center of each to flatten.
- Let cookies chill in the fridge for up to 15 minutes. Remove when set.
- Store in an air-tight container and enjoy!
JAYBEE’S DRIED FRUITS: PERFECT FOR TOPPING, BAKING, OR SNACKING
Any recipe can taste wonderfully with the addition of brilliant inclusions. Shop Jaybee’s for top-quality nuts and dried fruits. Our dried fruit for sale online is naturally vibrant, uniquely tangy, and utterly sweet to leave your taste buds utterly awed and satisfied. We carry a hodgepodge assortment of your favorite dried fruits, such as mangoes, cranberries, apricots, pineapples, and even kiwis. Browse by favored fruit, or glance over our bundle options today.
Whether you toss them on breakfast, baked goods, or salads, or take them out for a healthy snack on the go, you can’t go wrong with these fibrous, flavorful nibbles. Brightly colored and visibly pleasing, what you see is truly what you get: a bag full of sunshine.