Which Type of Dried Fruits Contain Calcium?
Dried fruits are a great source of nutrients and can sometimes be high in calcium. They can contribute to a plethora of health benefits for your body.
Here is a list of delicious, dried fruits that are packed with calcium and a plethora of nutrients.
- Dried Oranges – Packed with 43mg of calcium per 100g of serving and Vitamin C, dried oranges make an excellent choice for dried fruit snacks.
- Dried Apricots – Sweet and savory, dried apricots contain about 5mg of calcium per 100g of serving.
- Dried Kiwi – The tropical fruit contains about 34mg of calcium per 100g of serving, making it an ideal snack for hikers and campers.
- Dried Dates – Containing about 15mg of calcium per 100g of serving, dried dates can offer a tasty treat.
- Dried Figs – Dried figs are one of the best sources of calcium, offering more than 240mg of calcium per 100g of serving.
- Dried Rhubarb – Like dried figs, dried Rhubarb is known to offer a great amount of calcium, containing at least 340mg of calcium per 100g of serving.
- Dried Prunes – Dried prunes are known to offer more than 70mg of calcium per 100g of serving.
- Dried Mulberries – With up to 55mg of calcium per 100g of serving, dried mulberries are a great source of calcium. They can, however, be rather hard to find in grocery stores.
- Dried Kumquats – Dried kumquats offer a substantial amount of calcium and they are rich in flavor and high in vitamins as well.
Adding a cup of dried fruits that are rich in calcium into your diet can positively impact your bone health. Not only will you achieve the benefits of calcium from dried fruits, but you will also gain a plethora of vitamins to boost your overall health.