How to Make Tea with Dried Fruits
Herbal teas with dried fruits, plants, or flowers are known as tisane, a French word which translates into “herbal infusion” in Europe. Teas made using dried fruits contain many health benefits and can even be used to replace caffeinated drinks. For example, tea made from dried black currant leaves and fruit will be extremely rich in antioxidants and a compound known as anthocyanin, which can help to alleviate inflammation.
Other popular tea blends include chamomile which is great for sleep, peppermint which is great for digestion, and ginger tea which is a good detox to infuse with dried fruits.
How to Dry Fruits
To dry fruits, all you need is a jar, a few tablets of Vitamin C, and an oven.
- Select a fruit that is fresh and ripe. Avoid fruits that are overripe because they may be too leathery or stringy. Unrip fruits may not be sweet or colorful enough, and the process of drying fruits will not enhance the fruit’s quality or sweetness.
- Wash your selected fruit and ensure that any decayed fruit is removed as mold can impact your drying process.
- For fruits that have a waxy coating such as plums, berries, or prunes, crack the skins by boiling them for 30 seconds and then running them under cold water. Dry off with paper towels.
- Sock your fruits in a mixture of ascorbic acid crystals and child water. Drain them after 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees Fahrenheit and dry your fruit for about 4 to 12 hours. Depending on the thickness and size of your fruit, the drying process timeframe differs. For example, thinly sliced apples need about 6 hours to dry while thick-cut peaches may need up to 36 hours to fully dry.
- Allow a few pieces to cool to temperature, check your fruit’s dryness and pliability by pinching them.
- Once ready, pack them into a moisture-proof jar or zip-lock bag and store them in a cool, dark place.
Alternative Way to Get Dried Fruits
If drying them on your own is too tedious for you or if you would like to skip the process, look out for a reliable source to purchase your dried fruits from. Ensure that they are organic, preservative-free, and of good quality so that you can reap its full benefits.
Start Your Healthy Eating Journey with Jaybee's Nuts!
If you have decided to explore brewing tea with dried fruits, Jaybee’s Nuts has a wide range of delicious, dried fruits for you to select from. Since 2015, we have been providing top-quality nuts and dried fruits to our happy customers.
Our dried fruits and nuts are available in jars or gift packages. Select your favorite and have them delivered straight to your doorstep! If you have questions about our nuts or other products, do not hesitate to contact us today. We are also available via email!